April 23, 2013

Ayad Alkadhi

Dear readers, i want to tell you little bit more about the person behind Blush Bubbles. 
Born and raised in Iran until I was 12; i had a fascination for art & fashion. Growing up in the Netherlands I followed my fascination and I graduated from art Academy. After my graduation I followed  up my passion and I am currently working as an visual artist and freelance fashion stylist.
Through my blog I'll do my best to share my passion and fascination for art & fashion with you.

Today I want to introduce you to an amazing artist named Ayad Alkadhi.
Born and raised in Baghdad,  Alkadhi left Iraq for a better future after the first Gulf war. Alkadhi currently lives and works in New York City. Ayad Alkadhi’s work focuses on cultural and political topics of Iraq and the Middle East. The work is mainly biographical and sometimes incorporates his painted image. His use of Arabic newspaper on mixed-media canvases, as well as his use of calligraphy, connects elements of traditional medium  to contemporary art. 

Here are some of his work that i really love. Hope you like this post. 


 






































No comments:

Post a Comment